I’ve always seen February as the month for pink and red. Winter marches on but there are subtle signs that spring is on the way. In the Pacific Northwest, there is usually a small threat of snow but it’s mostly gray this time of year. Other themes in February are Black History Month, Presidents’ Day and depending on the year, Lunar New Year.
The following list of inspiration are ideas I’ve collected the last several years that our family partakes in. I hope it inspires you.
- Valentine’s Day crafts
- Design and create cards
- Cotton ball heart painting
- More crafts to celebrate love and friendship
- Nature crafts
- Peace paintings on rocks
- Cheesy fondue for family fun night
- French toast on a stick
- Berry yogurt parfaits
- Hummingbird food for our winged friends
- “Stained glass” out of tissue paper
- Snowflakes out of various mediums
- Hand puppets
- Hibernation den – think blanket forts!
- Silhouette profiles
- Sun ray pictures; prisms to catch the sun
- Season collages
- Children’s museum on a rainy day
- Winter hikes at local state parks
- Park play dates
- Tea parties
- Road trips
Check out my February Study Guide for more on what we are learning about.
- Black History Month
- Chinese New Year
- Presidents’ Day
- How animals and humans adapt to the Winter season
- Tips on Cooking for Kids
- Start learning about the plants we’re going to have in the garden
- Pinkalicious games from PBS KIDS
What’s your family like to do in February? Let me know in the comments below!