Looking for fun things to do in the month of December with your family?
Check out my Family Fun Inspiration List. These ideas are inspiring my family and I hope it inspires yours. We’re embracing winter weather, celebrating the holidays and counting down until 2020. The remaining days of 2019 will be filled with food, crafts and all things fun.
- Winter Felt Garland
- Decorate a Gingerbread House
- Paper Snowflakes
- Spiced nuts
- Letters to Santa
- Paint winter scenes
- Watercolor Snowflakes
- Snowflake Ballerinas
- Salt Dough Ornaments
- Popsicle Stick Lanterns
- New Years Wish Jar
- Bake a pie
- Homemade wrapping paper
- Make a snowy scene with threaded cotton balls
- A comforting bowl of chili (and take some to family)
- Winterscape on Nature Table
- Decorate Christmas Sweaters
- Create an adventure box to last your family through the next year
- Holiday-themed science experiments
- Print this Outdoor Advent Calendar to inspire your outdoor adventures
- Read holiday book selections from your local library
- Host or attend a holiday cookie exchange
- Have breakfast with Santa
- Watch a production of the Nutcracker or another holiday-themed play
- Attend a father/daughter dance
- Watch/listen to Christmas Ships at a bonfire
- Go ice skating
- PBS KIDS Scratch Jr. app (Learn to code!)
- Elf on the Shelf
- Educators: Winter Holiday Collection
- Computer Science Education Week is December 9 – 15
- Peppermint Water Science
- For New Year’s: Look forward and look back: write down reflections of the past year and hopes for the coming year.
- Buy a toy for a giving tree.
- How to teach kids about giving back.
What’s your family like to do in December? Let me know in the comments below!