Nutty chocolate banana breakfast cookies
Mix up a batch of these breakfast cookies for a healthy and tasty anytime of day snack
- 2 peeled and smashed medium sized ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond or your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free instant oatmeal (or 3 packets of single serve)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons almond or hazelnut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if you can find them)
DirectionsHeat oven to 350 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Have the kids help with the following steps:
Smash the bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Measure out oats / tear packets of oatmeal and add to bowl.
Mix in rest of ingredients, one at a time with a spatula or wooden spoon until well combined.
Using two metal spoons, dollop 12 equally-size portions onto the parchment paper.
Grown ups again:
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Cool and enjoy!