Looking for fun things to do in the month of November with your kids?
Happy November! There are thirty days this month to fill up all kinds of seasonal and holiday inspiration — from celebrating Veterans to giving thanks.
Let’s see, notable happenings:
- November is Native American Heritage Month
- Daylight Savings Time ends on November 3. Remember to “fall back” an hour.
- Election Day (United States) is November 5.
- Veteran’s Day (United States) is November 11.
- Thanksgiving Day (United States) November 28.
Other interesting dates to remember:
- Free entrance to National Parks is November 11.
- State Park Free Days are November 11 and November 29. (Check out the 2020 list here)
- Small Business Saturday is November 30.
- Easy cranberry orange sauce
- Thankful Hands
- Caramel apple cider: all you need is apple cider, caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Fall leaf suncatchers: place leaves between two pieces wax paper and run an iron over the paper until sealed. Hang in the window.
- Thanksgiving tree: attach “things your grateful for” to it every day. Great exercise for practicing gratitude.
- Hand turkeys: trace your hand on a piece of paper and decorate your “turkey.”
- Show appreciation for family and friends, on Thanksgiving or any day, with notes from Sesame Street.
- Homemade noodles or another family tradition: get in the kitchen with the elders in your family and learn how to make their specialty.
- Crunchy peanut butter roll ups: tortillas and peanut butter filling make an easy, hand held snack.
- Check out the New Things November Calendar from Action for Happiness.
- Support a small business on Small Business Saturday (11/30).
- Take a long family walk after Thanksgiving dinner.
- Visit the city after the Thanksgiving holiday to check out all the holiday decorations.
- Check out a Community Nature Program near you.
- Farkle – a super fun and easy to learn dice game that’s great for family gatherings.
- Try this Thanksgiving word search from PBS Teachers
- Use leftover Halloween candy for math problems.
- Learn about Election Day (November 5).
- Veterans Day is Nov. 11. Honor a veteran in your life and record a living history of their military memories with these sample interview questions from the Veteran’s History Project or these questions from StoryCorps..
- Thanksgiving is a day for us to remember what we’re thankful for. Uncover the history behind this holiday!
- How astronauts make Thanksgiving food in space.
What’s your family like to do in November? Let me know in the comments below!