Hey March! Spring is around the corner. Our garden plan is in the works. We have a hot air balloon festival, daylight savings and a “green party” (aka St. Patrick’s Day) to look forward to. Outside time is longer and more often.
My personal homeschool inspiration this month includes Julie Bogart’s book The Brave Learner.
I’m keeping March’s bucket list short and sweet. I hope it inspires you.
For fans of PBS KIDS, all-new episodes of Let’s Go Luna premiere March 4.
I love this show for its celebration of world cultures – plus it’s downright hilarious. We’ll be watching for it in the PBS KIDS video app.
- Springtime crafts
- Create your own favorite salads
- Sweet and Savory Galettes (Chop Chop Magazine, Spring issue)
- Asparagus fries
- Springtime pie (flavor to come) in honor of Pi Day (March 14)
- Dr. Seuss’s birthday aka Read Across America Day (March 2)
- Book club: selection from the Who Was series + craft
- International Women’s Day (March 8)
- Women’s History Month (resources from NEA.org)
- World cultures collection (PBS LearningMedia)
- Pi Day (March 14)
- St. Patrick’s Day (PBS LearningMedia)
- Continuing classes: ballet and Junior Aerospace Engineering
- Food science at Explorastory: Let’s Get Cooking
What does your family like to do in March? Let me know in the comments below!